When it comes to making your home look exceptionally beautiful and appealing, settling for ordinary arrangements is never a choice. Therefore, we suggest going for some next-gen home modifications designed for everyone from patients to kids.
The concept of home modifications revolves around altering your place into a more convenient and something extraordinary, in terms of living and appearance, both. The whole purpose of some home modifications is to make everyone at your home feel independent, safe, and regain self-confidence. Be it an injured aged person or a toddler, customization to home interiors is a recommended solution for all families. The home modifications we will discuss today are to simplify their daily living activities like getting out of the bed, toileting, bathing, grooming, etc.
Easy Yet Impactful Home Improvements Ideas to Try
- Extended door knobs – Doors designed according to the present-age interior designing sense do not have any doorknobs, in general. If this is the case with your home doors, get an extended doorknob fixed on each door. These extensions can be attached easily, helping stroke patients to kids access the door easily. Some of them come with a lever to twist, and the door opens automatically.
- Transfer bench – Transfer benches work the best to move from one place to another. These transfer benches can prove useful for new mothers and infants who need extra care when bathing or changing clothes. The best part is, these are easily available in the market at affordable prices.
- Safe bathing tub – Undoubtedly, bathing becomes one of the most challenging parts of patients, new mothers, and kids. But this can be eased through safe tub access or slight bathtub modification. Here, the bathtub is modified in such a way that you can fix a chair inside and let the individual bathe safely. You can use a transfer bench to enter the bathtub. If possible, get an extended bar attached on the sides for easy accessibility to products like shampoo, conditioner, or soap, etc. Such arrangements are of great help for new mothers, expecting women, aged citizens, and notorious kids at your home.
- Rails – This is one of the easiest ways to extend a hand of support for elderly people at your home. You can get it fixed on the sides of the bathroom, toilet, stairs, etc. This will add a lot more to their easy and independent mobility. There are many designs and shapes of rails available to choose from.
- Non-slippery mats – Generally, the bathroom tiles get slippery after bathing. This can increase the chances of accidents. Therefore, getting non-slippery or skid bathing mats is a must. They come with suction cups, rough texture to allow better grip while keeping the person safe. If possible, get it installed in the entire bathroom.
Home modification is all about making your home remain in the best condition plus all the interior and exterior customizations required to add more convenience to one’s life. Generally, those having newbie mothers, infants, expecting mothers at their home require such home modifications to give them the utmost comfort possible.