This avocado soup is the perfect summer entrée – yoghurt and lime juice add a little bit of tang and with a cilantro garnish, there’s nothing dull about this fresh soup. It is perfect for warm summer nights and is super simple to whip up. We’ve been using this recipe for years and it never fails to disappoint! Some chilled avocado soup recipes call for onions or chile – the recipe is so simple so it’s easy to experiment with added flavors. Create your own version of this delicious soup and I’m sure you’ll be making it for summers to come! See below for the full recipe…
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1.5 cups of low-fat yoghurt
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 1 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 1 cup cold chicken stock
- 1. In a blender or food processor, mix the avocado flesh and lime juice until smooth. Add the yoghurt, tabasco, and chopped coriander and blend well until smooth again.
- 2. With the motor still running, add the chicken stock and process until the soup is smooth and at your desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro leaves. Chill well.