While it’s hard to compete with the salmon roe and creme fraîche, these mayonnaise-free roasted piquillo pepper deviled eggs turned out to be a delicious take on the classic appetizer. The peppers and smoked paprika add a touch of sweetness and they also lend a beautiful color to the filling. To fill them easily, use a Ziploc bag with the corner cut to pipe the filling back into the whites, and top with a sliver of pepper for a pop of color on your Valentine’s Day appetizer table. See the full recipe after the jump.
Roasted Piquillo Pepper Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp. greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers
- For the eggs: I used Martha Stewart's recipe for perfect hard boiled eggs (http://www.marthastewart.com/354061/perfect-hard-boiled-eggs).
- For the filling: Once the eggs are cooked and peeled, cut them in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks to a small mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks with the greek yoghurt, mustard, paprika, and salt and pepper until combined.
- With an immersion blender or food processor, blend the peppers into the filling until smooth.
- Transfer the filling to a Ziploc bag and pipe back into the whites, topping with a sliver of piquillo pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Thou Swell https://thouswell.com/